Welcome to my website... thing.

Welcome to the Bex Base, a cyberspace resort where you can wallow in unreality, marvel at spectacular sights, and enter the abstract dreamworld of the Sun itself! Oh okay, it's not that fabulous, but I guess it's worth a brief look if you have the time or are incredibly bored. So enjoy your stay, and please wipe your feet on the way out. I mean in! Yeah.

Wednesday 21 May 2008

The End of an Era.

A period of my life, over a decade long, is just about ending.

Twelve years of going to school, six hours a day, since the age of four. And it's just about over. I'm finding this rather significant ending in my life pretty upsetting to be honest with myself. I cannot contemplate the idea of not seeing my fantastic friends every day, dozing off in Biology and having sponge fights in Art.

People always moan about having to go to school during their time at it, but when it ends you really begin to notice how much you actually enjoyed it. The whole thing would be much easier to get over, if your time at school ended in a slightly more pleasant way. My first week of exams has been the biggest rush in my entire life, not helped by the fact I have a party to go to on Friday and a four-day holiday to Wales on Saturday, both of which I still need to prepare for!

I remember saying to myself 'Right, Becky. You're going to revise for months in preparation for your exams, and be thoroughly confident when finally walking down those Sport's Hall stairs to take that dreaded paper.' No such thing. No matter how much I prepare to prepare, it never happens. Which is why I've found myself, on three occasions this week, rushing to cover all of the revision notes just minutes before my exams. And, I don't think it's really made a difference, if I'm honest. These first papers have been particularly kind.

Let's hope the rest are as generous.

2 comments:

Jem said...

I know the feelings.....
Can we stay for a little whilelonger please??

Anonymous said...

Amen to tht i am not sure if it is worth making taylors dreams come tru though. We might as kiss are arses goodbye if she finds out about the cleling.