Welcome to my website... thing.

Welcome to the Bex Base, a cyberspace resort where you can wallow in unreality, marvel at spectacular sights, and enter the abstract dreamworld of the Sun itself! Oh okay, it's not that fabulous, but I guess it's worth a brief look if you have the time or are incredibly bored. So enjoy your stay, and please wipe your feet on the way out. I mean in! Yeah.

Tuesday 20 May 2008

The results of a passtime and an obsession:

Anyone who knows me will tell you that my fandom for the television show 'Doctor Who' far exceeds a healthy level! Well, I've been blessed with the talent to paint and have flare for art, and this has lead me to kill large amounts of time by doing fanart of Doctor Who. I always use acrylic on canvas, and here they are:


'Citadel of the Timelords'

This is the first one I did a fair few months back. Anyone who watches the show will know this is a picture of the Doctor's home planet, Gallifrey, which I was inspired to do after watching my favourite ever episode: 'The Sound of Drums'.

'New Earth'

This is another alien landscape inspired by a Doctor Who scene, this time from the episode, 'New Earth'. I was struck by the regularity of the beach in the scene, in contrast to the great big futuristic hospital which dominates the scene. I also love the added touch of the flying vehicle in the distance, streaming into the hospital and over the city.

'Cyberman'
Quite literally what it says on the tin, based on the Doctor Who alien cyborgs; the Cybermen, which are the future us for some people. I'm thinking of producing a twin painting to complete the other half, but with a twist...



Well that's all I got so far, I hope people like them, though it's quite hard to see the cyberman one in detail due to the small size. Feel free to comment or criticise, or give ideas for future pieces of artwork.

Over and out.


2 comments:

Tony "Shaggy" Faye said...

WOWZA! Becky did you really paint those yourself? They really are quite amazing!

Jem said...

You. Miss Jordan.

Are extremly talented.